Welcome back. This week I want to blog about our wonderful powerful subconscious mind. As a hypnotherapist this is the part of you that I speak to. The part that wants to keep you safe and happy. That’s it’s only job because if your safe. it lives. and did you know the subconscious is 90% of your brain. Here are some more facts that you may not have known.
- The subconscious mind records everything. No matter if you are awake or asleep.
- The subconscious mind is always alert and awake. even if you fall asleep it listens.
- The subconscious mind controls 95% of your life.
- The subconscious mind is built on habituation.
- The Preconscious mind lives in the present. There is only now.
- It takes everything literally.
- The subconscious mind speaks to you in your dreams.
- The subconscious mind has no verbal language.
- The subconscious mind controls all involuntary bodily functions like breathing, salivating, circulation and digestion but you already knew that. You don’t consciously choose to digest your food. It just happens because subconscious processes are working.
- The subconscious mind is the file cabinet of all your memories. Through those memories, your subconscious mind determines how you respond to life and make decisions.
- Ignorance of what the subconscious mind does is the reason we have such a hard time with troublesome thoughts and feelings.
- Act naturally. Stop believing your negative thoughts and feelings shouldn’t be there. Thinking that what’s happening shouldn’t happen is one of those mind-boggling attempts at denial, a frustrating self-flagellation. They shouldn’t be there? They ARE there.Slow down. All this bad stuff tends to happen on autopilot. We don’t make a conscious choice to be miserable. Imagine: Ok, now I am going to tell myself that I’m a total loser so that I can feel worthless and inept. Nope, it just happens, originating outside of conscious control.
- The subconscious mind makes no difference between what’s real and what’s imagined.
- It contains ‘your version of the truth’ such as limitations and beliefs which are not necessarily true.
- The subconscious mind can be programmed , so we can have the perfect life we want, but unfortunately, that is not what most people do .Repetition is important when you program the subconscious mind.
- The subconscious is where your ‘gut-instinct’ and inner knowledge originates.
- Visualization is the best method to program your subconscious.
- Your subconscious mind learns by repetition and not by logic.
- Fill your subconscious mind with expectations of the best experiences and emotions and your thoughts will become a reality.
- Your subconscious mind surfaces when you are not fully alert.
Imagine a positive outcome of your problems, fully feel the enthusiasm from what has happened .All your fantasies and feelings are clearly accepted by your subconscious and then implemented in life!
To put all this into perspective. There was an old rerun of Call the Midwife on the TV and in the scene that was on it was set in an old house in the East End of London and there was an old Paraffin heater in the middle of the room. As soon as I saw it, Wonderful memories came flooding back of my grandparents house. The smell, the chocolate box pictures. the wonderful memories. I immediately smiled as it took me back to what seemed such a peaceful and happy time. All our memories are in us. good and bad, but we can choose what we think about and how we allow it to effect us.
We control our thoughts and we tend to forget that.
So how does the subconscious mind work?
While luck, and hard work are the primary factors that lead to a prosperous life, there is one more thing that plays a key role. It is the subconscious mind which also, without your knowledge, alters life’s circumstances. Most of the times, the moods that we feel are shaped by our subconscious mind. Likewise, personality development and personal and professional growth are also determined by the subconscious mind to a certain extent. As the name implies, we remain subconscious but this tiny little part of brain still performs its functions effectively. The subconscious mind stores and processes all those pieces of information that are in our minds, but we might be unaware of them. It’s indeed exciting to get to know how the subconscious mind works because of the vast amount of information it holds. In addition, this part of the brain can do wonders in your life.
When Does It Work The Best?
The subconscious mind works best when we are apparently not alert; for instance, while sleeping. Likewise, the subconscious mind works well during the times when we perform supposedly relaxed and easy going tasks.
Examples of such tasks include driving, taking bath, and watching TV. Though there are distractions during these activities, subconscious mind still functions properly.
You can recall your own experiences. There will definitely be numerous examples when brilliant ideas might have clicked in your mind while you were not actually thinking about one. Subconscious mind is certainly an active and smart part of the brain. Therefore, you can use it for multiple objectives to make life happier and prosperous.
Logical Daydreaming or Hypnotism?
It will not be wrong to associate the functioning of subconscious mind with daydreaming or hypnotism. Sometimes, you are so much into cognitive processes and imagination that your existence shrinks down to only physical presence because you are mentally somewhere else. Missing road turns while driving or adding wrong ingredients while cooking are common examples in this regard.
This is actually the time when the subconscious mind takes up the charge and your conscious mind stops working for a while. You feel hypnotized but still act and behave as per your ethical and moral values. It’s just that your mind processes information rapidly and you sink into deep imaginations. This is one of the best aspects of how the subconscious mind works because here you can use it constructively.
You Can Change Your Life
Facts and real life experiences indicate that if you use your subconscious mind effectively, you can greatly influence your self-motivation, will power, and emotional intelligence. Consequently, you lead a healthy and happy life. Read on to find out how you can constructively make you subconscious mind work.
Make subconscious requests: Every night when you go to bed, make requests to your subconscious mind. It can be anything relating to your personal life or professional career. For instance, you can request for daily workout, a new product launch by the end of the year, or a sports car for yourself.
Visualize yourself in the requested scenario: Once you have made requests, you have to repeatedly imagine yourself in the given scenario every night before sleeping. Keep practicing it until your imagination turns into reality. For instance, imagine yourself in the gym early in the morning, planning for marketing plan and creative media strategies, or driving your favorite luxurious sports car.
Sink into pleasure: During imaginations, also think about the pleasure and contentment that you will attain when your imagination will turn into reality. This is the best part to feel motivated and get down to action. Consequently, you will begin to make efforts to achieve your goals. Simply trust in your subconscious mind’s capabilities and resources to make things happen.
I hope this has given you a little insight to how the subconscious mind works and how hypnotherapy can help you.
If you have any questions or would like to know more about how hypnotherapy can help you. Please leave a comment or message me and I will be happy to speak to you.
Until next time. Have a great week.